Communicating Effectively with Your Teams
Our guest speaker for this webinar was Michelle Henderson of Interaction Consulting Group (a Healthier Work recognised workplace).
Designed especially for business owners, managers and supervisors, this one-hour webinar covers:
- effective methods of communicating with team members working across a variety of work arrangements and environments
- the difference between managing for performance and managing underperformance
- responding to difficult situations and behaviours using clear communication and appropriate resources.
*Please note that, due to a technical issue, sound is lost for a few short moments at around 3 minutes into the recording, but the material is repeated.
Webinar date: 23 July 2020
- ACT Government information on bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Business in Mind – a Tasmanian workplace mental health promotion program designed for small to medium enterprise owners/managers
- Free online training for managers offered by FairWork, including around having difficult conversations and managing performance
- Harrison & Furlong (2012). Building trust in business partnerships
- JobAccess resources for managers, including around providing flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments
- Safe Work Australia’s national guidance material on ‘Work-related psychological health and safety’, which has a great discussion on job design
- WorkSafe ACT’s webpages on Work-related mental health, which includes ‘Tips for managers supporting others’
Communicating effectively with your teams – Q&A written responses post webinar.
About Interaction Consulting Group
Interaction Consulting Group is a local Registered Training Organisation with a strong reputation for delivering high quality consultancy services. They have a long track record of supporting organisational improvement and transformation in government and continue to build their reputation in the not-for-profit sector and private industry. Interaction is also a recognised workplace under the Healthier Work Recognition Scheme.
Michelle Henderson is a Principal Consultant with Interaction. Michelle’s successful public service career spans 23-years with Federal and Queensland state governments. She worked in Australia and overseas at executive and SES Band 1 levels. Michelle has led teams during periods of volatility and uncertainty and has been recognised for her leadership achievements. Michelle has also led geographically dispersed teams and is experienced at chairing virtual meetings. She has designed and delivered many workshops and programs focused on developing effective communication.